Ashleigh Schultz, MA
Ashleigh is passionate about working with children and their families to support them in developing the tools that can help them gain more enjoyment from life and achieve their full potential. She strives to create a warm, collaborative and playful relationship where she can come to a shared understanding about the issues being faced and the goals her clients want to work towards.
Ashleigh is skilled at utilizing a range of therapeutic approaches and interventions depending on the presenting needs and preferences of the people she is working with. These include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and behavioral therapy, attachment and play based approaches. She values working together with the parents/guardians and other members of the system to gain a better understanding of the problem and potential ways forward, and to maximize progress outside of sessions.
Ashleigh’s continued goal is to collaborate with our families and assist them in focusing on the core foundation of their family units. Her love for children is evident as she searches for new and more creative ways to be successful in her work.
EDUCATIONMasters in Counseling Psychology, City University • • • Bellevue, Washington
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Human Development and Family Science, Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma
ADDITIONAL/POST GRADUATE TRAINING
• Autism Support Specialist for local school District
• Fully trained in Applied Behavior Therapy method of teaching
• Trained in Percussion Teaching method of teaching
• Internship: Play Therapy therapist at First Place School, Seattle
• Internship: City University Counseling Center, Bellevue
• Anyone touched by development differences who needs guidance/support
• Autism/spectrum disorders
• Parenting challenges/journeys
• ADHD obstacles and advice for coping
• Assisting, supporting, and helping advocating parents within our local school systems
• Anxiety/stress reduction and coping techniques
Ashleigh loves and thrives on spending time with her family (especially her 2 children, Brooklynn 13 years old and Liam 10 years old…and of course her precious husband Luke), she enjoys exploring the beautiful Pacific Northwest, traveling home to Africa, hiking with her dog Jasper and playing her lifelong love sport tennis.